- You're interested in exploring new ways to create texture in your art.
- You enjoy working with mixed mediums and want to experiment with new tools and supplies.
- You want to loosen up and try a clean, edgy style in your work.
- You want to expand your knowledge of the different paints and plasters available, and what they can do for your work.
- You need to feel inspired, supported, and refreshed!
Let’s open up your creative boundaries, think outside the box and explore new mediums and techniques!
Acrylic or latex paints
Wrapped canvas or wood panel
Texture plasters, or try molding paste added to paints to create texture
Embellishments like vintage papers, wire, corrugated cardboard, kraft paper, wire or cheesecloth
Gel medium or your favorite glue
Brushes, trowel or credit card and mark-making tools
When does the class start and finish?
The class is open and available now, and you have one full year of access! It is completely self-paced online and you have unlimited access for a full year.
Are there any live components to the class?
Yes! There will be two live Zoom sessions. During the first session I’ll demonstrate a graffiti style technique I’ve created on my studio walls and on canvas. The second session will include a Q&A time and the opportunity to share work you’ve completed. Both sessions will be recorded for later viewing if you can’t attend.
How long will it take me to create a piece?
Each of these pieces should take you about 1 to 1.5 hours plus additional drying time . You can create multiple pieces at once which is great if you are creating work for an art show or gallery exhibit.
What if I need help?
You can ask any questions in my private student group on Facebook. Once you enroll in the class, you will be invited to join that group.